The summer months can be quite harmful to your hair if you don’t take care of it. Steps have to be taken to protect your hair from these brutal months. There are several factors which damage your hair, so here are a few suggestions to help you out:
- Wear a cap when you go outside to protect your hair from the sun. If you need to be out in the sun for prolonged period, you may want to use a sunscreen conditioner. If you are not able to use a sunscreen with conditioner, you can use normal sunscreen, but make sure you thoroughly rinse it out using a cleansing shampoo when return home.
- Try to avoid using any heating devices like curling irons or blow dryers. They can make the scalp even drier which can be harmful. Also try to wash your hair with cool water. Hot water can make scalp dry.
- Stay away from hair products like hair color and gels. They contain chemicals and alcohol, which are harmful to the hair and scalp.
- Consume water as much as possible. It will keep you hydrated and also keeps hair healthy. A healthy diet is also necessary to keep hair problem at bay.
- Make sure to wet your hair before getting into the pool. If not, the chlorinated water can be absorbed by the hair, making it prone to damage. Clean your hair well using a clarifying shampoo. It will reduce the effect of chlorine damage. If not washed properly, chlorine can dry your scalp severely.